God's Faucet

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Occassionally here in Public Static, I am encouraged to put something profound and worthwhile. For those of you keeping track, I've already posted some before. This isn't one of those posts.

Once there was a great drought that swept over Central Luzon. With their farming affected, the citizens started praying hard. One farmer, fearing that they were just not praying enough, asked his son to start praying the novena one day. The kid took the pamphlet, nodded and left. That afternoon, the farmer got back from work and saw his kid playing instead. So he asked whether or not the kid prayed the novena. The kid admitted, "I couldnt understand anything written in the paper so I made up my own message instead." When the farmer asked what the kid said he casually replied, "I told him that he forgot to open the faucet in the sky." That said, the farmer severely reprimanded the kid for being lazy, only to be awestruck that same afternoon.


It rained, and the water tasted of chlorine - like water from a faucet.

True prayer is not a recitation - it's an endearing dialogue between a father and his offspring. Let the true purpose of prayer be known unto the cyberworld!

Send this to five people and five people will ignore this message.
Send this to ten people and three of your impractical wishes won't come true.
Send this to fifteen people and fifteen people will say what a crappy story this is.
Send this to twenty people and you will meet the soulmate - of somebody else.
Send this back to me and I'll be tracking your ass down with a rusty knife and a plea of insanity reserved for court.



In case you were wondering why I posted forwarded crap like this in my blog when I specifically mentioned I hate forwarded messages, it's because this is not forwarded. You are seeing a spamling being born, appearing for the first time in the face of the web.

This is actually my first attempt to create them super short stories that circulate the net - often inspirational and witty in nature. I saw one today and felt inspired, well not really inspired, more like challenged, like a mentally challenged kid. For the record, this is the shortest written story I've ever done, not including plotless jokes.

Start forwarding, FOOLS!.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like it ^__^ it rings so true.

REDKINOKO said...

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

does this chain letter carry your intellectual property rights? i mean... your property rights?

XD

hope we don't get lawsuit by forwarding this.

anyway, another nice entry. and thanks for letting me make it to your kickass blogs. XD

Anonymous said...

cute,.. ehehe

i love your updates kuya red,.. =P

/thx

Anonymous said...

@[gm]nagato

that's what i mean, haha.

Anonymous said...

Little known fact.. the lie that Brian Andrew Chalker wrote that piece is the second longest lie he's told during his lifetime thus far. The one he's yet to come clean on is he's service as a US Navy Seal. He holds tight to that one.

I find it entertaining that there is at least one person who knows him by name and associates that strictly with lies.

Juicy.

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading