What I Hate About Blogs (Part 1)

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I was talking to my friend Lou a while ago. As it turns out, we got same beef about personal blogs. There's just too much senseless ranting in them. Now, I'm not against rant articles. As you've seen in this blog, I have my share of rants as well, mostly on how stupid people can get and never really get anything else.

What I'm let's-abort-the-next-baby-of-this-person-kind of against are those senseless rantings from idiots about their personal lives as though strangers online reading their logs would actually give half a second of care about their sad lives. Dude, nobody cares. If someone does care, it's probably that 40yo weirdo who always checks blogs of strangers with the hopes getting to molest you someday.

Listen, everybody's got problems. Don't act so special by broadcasting yours like some pilldriven actor looking for publicity. If you want to vent out using your online journal, do it like the highend mammal that came out of your mother's vagina. Present the problem, be objective about why the problem is there and most important of all, make sure you have a point in your rant. Unless, of course, your point in the whole thing is that you're an ignoramus and that you want to exemplify it further using blogging.

I've lost count as to how many entries I've read with the writer babbling about how much his life sucks in the most incoherrent way possible (read: retarded) without taste, wit, or even a sense of direction. Bottomline: Don't put the rant in ignorant.

e.g.
I failed Mr. Dontrato's test agian today. SHIT FUCK MOTHER****ER. I swera he's takin it personal on me. I dont want to retake SPLELING101 again. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK The food in the cafeteria sucks and I got dumped because I have erectile dysfunction. [end of post]

The guy practically drew an "I'm an idiot; shoot me and my future children please." over his head. When I saw that message, I was reminded of raving lunatics after their dose of rugby. I've seen more logical arguments being written in public restrooms,

e.g.
MARIA, ANG LAKI NG **** MO! PAHAWAK NAMAN NG ***** PARA MA***** NA KITA.
(edited as requested by our international friends: Maria, your **** are huge! Can I touch your **** so I can **** you. )

At least I found what he said amusing and he had a central theme for what he was saying. And it's not taking up cyberspace. Because that's what pointless rant posts that don't mean to share information are - senseless and wasteful of cyberspace that could've been put to better use.

The internet is not a garbage dump. Stop putting garbage on it.

When artists say they want to capture their furstrations in their art, you dont see them taking out their anger in their canvass by taking a dump, piddling their shit with a few brushstrokes and call it art (well, except for very few exceptions, mostly French ones). Even angry music isn't created by hitting people with your stratocaster and laugh incesantly as you watch them bleed to death. Art's no longer art when it becomes a felony.

Everytime you place a senseless rant on your blog, God kills a kitten.













Think of the kittens.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that first example entry supposed to be a joke entry? Erectile dysfunction was spelled correctly, if you'll notice -- a clear indication that the blogger misspelled the rest of the entry on purpose. Of course, you could be just being sarcastic and I may be just not picking up on it. If so, oh well.

REDKINOKO said...

Pretty good observations, db. I based it on a real entry, though I had to somewhat remake it for anononimity's sake, otherwise, I'd have to cite where I got it, causing more problems for me (and probably him).

Anonymous said...

I beg you, don't shoot ALL those idiots and their children. Coz if we run out of their kind, then among the brilliant ones will come out the relatively idiotic. (-;
My proposition is this: let's just exploit them. When you become relatively rich, host web spaces for these foolish sub-species. Then, find some advertisers. They'll gladly pay advertising fees without checking on the content of the site as long as you get so much number of clicks. Finally, let the rest of the idiots read the blogs of their kind.
Believe me, there are much more foolish people in this world than there are smart ones. Pick the elite as your target market and you find yourself profiting less than you intended. Besides, it's easier to ensnare people less brilliant than you for the sake of business. Reserve the intellectual encounters for pleasure. Don't mix both. d=
By the way, I was the anonymous guy who commented on your "rant" about dumping the net with pictures. d= Hehe, nice of you to point out when an expression is to be considered an art. (-;

Anonymous said...

well, i can't wait to see a blog-bashing blog.

don't hurt mine. XD

Anonymous said...

what do you care about other people's blog anyway? It's not like they forced you to read their blog anyway. and in case you don't know, you can actually NOT read them. Promise, walang magagalit.

If someone does care, it's probably that 40yo weirdo who always checks blogs of strangers with the hopes getting to molest you someday.

dude, you cared enough to bash them with this article right? molested anyone online lately, 40 year old weirdo?

Anonymous said...

@a4tech

Kitten dies.

Just kidding.

Jet's just 'saving' their lives (and webspace) from becoming totally senseless. People these days should learn to be more objective when presenting problems, not just whine about everything. That's a good thing, that's a definitely good thing in my opinion.

The choice is still up to these guys if they'll go on with their "style" thus killing more kittens.

Anonymous said...

he wants to save them? so he do care for those ranters then? just like the 40 year old molesting weirdo he cited as example?

peace.

REDKINOKO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
REDKINOKO said...

Reasons why I wrote this:
- As a writer I wanted to make a wakeup call for people to go beyond grafitti-like writing.
- People ram their blogs down people's throats. Might as well be good ones down my throat.
- Making not of what retards with keyboards do is always amusing.
- Im 40 years young and I find myself strangely attracted to you.
- I care for kittens.

haha let me quote your words too:


what do you care about other people's blog anyway? It's not like they forced you to read their blog anyway. and in case you don't know, you can actually NOT read them. Promise, walang magagalit.

El Capitan said...

We need idiots on the net. Else it'd be like the old days before multimedia and Tim Berners Lee. Without them, who'd we make fun of and make silly memes about?

Stupid people make the place... "colourful".

Anonymous said...

ooh mr.god syndrome/i'm better than everyone/i'm an authority in blogging/i know it and you don't, i was just trying your way of contradiction. ^__^. push pull reaction.

Anonymous said...

Hm. The blog is a public diary, yes, so it's assumed that the author meant it to be read publicly. Does this also mean the content must benefit the entire public in some way?

I started my blog as a way to allow people keep tabs on me, without me having to email them or call them individually. That's right, it's meant to be a polite way to "keep in touch" with folks I have no intention of actually keeping in touch with.

So, I suppose it could be boring to those who don't know me, but so far it has served it's purpose quite marvelously.

Anonymous said...

Guys who keep blogs have serious empowerment issues...
can't wait for part 2

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading