Saul of Tarsus, I'm a Tarsier

Friday, June 16, 2006

Saul of Tarsus, I'm a Tarsier

For the first time in more than a year, I found myself watching a stage play yesterday. Two people who I had personally invited couldnt come because of exam week (sissies, studying is for the weak) but at least the people who had invited me were nice enough to accomodate me (coming despite exam week marked those who did a notch higher in my respectometer) ^__^

Anyway the play was pretty straightforward. I's entitled Saul of Tarsus . If you still dont have an idea as to who this guy is, I'd excuse you for being of a non-Christian denomination, or for just not paying attention in Religous Studies, because hey, it's boring. The kids in the play were pretty talented, though quite honestly I'd give the synth guy credit for the nice retouches on some pre-rec tracks. The wonders of technology eh? Hey if Cueshe can get away with it, why not kids? The direction is superb, considering one is working with kids, though the screenplay turned out a bit slipshod after I saw several underemphasized scenes and useless transitions. It's a good play anyway, and the best school play I've seen ever (How many school plays get to be staged on privately rented cinemas anyway?)

It's also funny they can draw up so many potential talented singers in such a small school when I studied in an HS of at least 5 sections per batch with at least 50 people in each section and the only singing talents we keep on getting are rapstars in the form of Andrew E, Salbakuta etc etc etc who in my point of view are more poets than singers.

The middle of the play there was a scene of people singing about an earthquake. Then I thought, what would happen if our lives really become musical? Like when you come to work late you begin a musical duplo with your supervisor:

Jethro, Jethro, can you see the clock?
We have some problems that seem to be stuck.
If you do not want to incur my hate,
This should never happen! Forever late!

Ah - yes the clock I can see it sir
but please understand there is problem to bear
the traffic outside it's a jungle out there
Can you stop salivating on my haiiiiiiiiiir??

Everybody will be wearing tights and prancing around will be the new method of tranport. Gay. Gay. Gay. and Gay. It'll make those guys at Brokeback Mountain say "DAMN, THAT'S GAY!". Good thing not everything in my imagination ever finds its way into real life.

Yet.

Selfquote of the day:
Your life is a musical. If you dont know how to sing, better make the intermission hilarious.

March 19, 2006

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading