Next person who says Flipflops gets flipped off.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Flipflops are all the rage nowadays. That's right. Bathroom slippers are now considered cool. For all the elitist flavours of fashion, people find it now "in" to be wearing the same sort of footwear even the poorest Pedro wears.

Come to think of it, Taong Grasa (trademarked) fashion is becoming more and more mainstream. From unruly hair to ripped, worn out pants, to crumpled tops, to finally flipflops. I don't know what they're trying to look like anymore. Homeless, perhaps?

Even in our university where it is forbidden to wear anything less formal than strapped sandals, students girls and boys alike walk around the campus like they're going to buy raw meat in the nearest flea market. Nevermind that the guards could catch them and start beating the shit out of them for blatantly breaking rules. That's living life dangerously. Dangerously retarded. (At least if I were a guard, that's what I'd do. I'd use my stick and beat them to death. There's no excuse for not taking down a potential pollutant of the gene pool when you have the ability to do so.)

What is it with flipflops anyway? Is it because they're comfortable? Flipflops offer no angular support for the feet. They barely pad any shock coming from steps. They're about as protective as walking barefoot or in your socks.

I'd also like to mention they get unhygienic very quickly. Flipflops give undue stress to your big toe and expose your feet to various bacteria and fungi that could result to skin diseases. More dirt crawls under your toenails because theyre exposed. The sweat from your feet directly applies to the surface of the flipflop making it a biohazard not too long after you've worn them. In short, THEY STINK.

Don't get me wrong. I do not condone usage of bathroom slippers. I use them whenever they are appropriate. But when I know I can be better off with proper shoes or sandals, I won't stick to flipflops for the sake of fashion.

And now that we're on the topic of fashion, flipflops arent attractive. Maybe flipflops would look cool if Jessica Alba is wearing the flipflops - and only the flipflops. (And only because hot girls are always attractive when theyre wearing only one item of clothing) Other wise, it makes you look very common and informal. Worn on parties, it looks disrespectful. Worn on the office, you look like an asshole. Worn else where, you're still twice the asshole you are when you're not wearing the 'flops.

Did I mention they're also noisy as hell? I guess the name "flipflop" kinda explains it all.

I remember seeing this stupid broad on tv claiming the title of a fashionista (Dont ask me, I don't know what that means either) trying to explain the logic of really expensive flipflops being sold in the mall.

"I think it's wrong to compare flipflops with your regular bathroom slippers. Flipflops are usually lighter and more fashionable, because of the bright designs. I love them so much, I think I want to wear them on my wedding day."

Part of me died after watching that. I'm still mourning up to now. Sorry for our non-filipino speakers here. I just have to say this out loud.

ANG FLIPFLOP AY ENGLISH PARA SA TSINELAS PAMBANYO. BOBO!

It's not fashionable or classy, bitch. You're just stupid. A hundred dictionaries defining what "flipflops" mean are a hundred signs that point to you as the perfect specimen of ignorance.

Flipflops suck.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mang Kulas, Pabili nga ng flipflops.
upod na't gasgas, baka mapigtas ang luma kong flipflops.

ang luma kong flipflops.

sagwa.

Anonymous said...

dati mura lang ang tsinelas ngayon isang daan na isa

Anonymous said...

Inquirer 2bu writer, pam pastor, wrote about her lent sacrifice. it was the biggest sacrifice of all humankind!!!

for the duration of lent, she will not use any havaianas slipper that she owns or buy a new one.

she then bought a pair of happy feet (800-1000+ each) to ease her pain.

shallow as the convex side of a teaspoon, 'ne?

Anonymous said...

Havianas? Pfffft.

Spartan na lang.

Anonymous said...

good thing i never wore those,..
i even hate to wear slippers / sandals outside,..

hanggang sa bahay lang,.. /swt

Anonymous said...

are you like the tom ford of the philippines to say that flip flops ain't fashionable?

you must get laid real quick so you'd stop venting on those poor tsinelas.

Anonymous said...

Flipflops are cool. Anything that is an excuse to wearing proper clothes outside is cool.

Besides, I bought mine from the public market for 20bucks. and I've been wearing them to my friend's sosyalista parties.

Hahaha cool

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading