Airplanes and Cellphones Redux

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Last night, a friend of mine and I had a chat regarding the previous article. As it turns out, I'm not really alone in my woes, well, not really woes, just risk-loaded annoyances. So here's how the little conversation went (emoticons and typos from my side edited out for the sake of readability)

Mai: I kinda emphatize with your latest post in your blog

Jet: airplanes?

Mai: yeah. and I have a phobia riding them too

Jet: o? that i didnt know

Mai: it really freaked me out, seeing my seatmate sending an smsm while we were in the freaking final approach o.x

Jet: makes you want to kill people eh

Jet: it's for the good of the rest of the passengers

Mai: I don;t just turn off my celphone, I even take out the battery (fear of accidntally turning it on) XD

Mai: yeah

Mai: made me laugh about the bit where a passenger hid his celphone? hahaha

Jet: why do people do that?

Jet: and it's not like you can scold him about it

Jet: because hey, you'll get the call of nature later and he'll be in your way

Jet: so you better not piss him off

Mai: i have no effing idea. but you're right, it may be because they think they're riding a bus

Mai: they should re-write their intercom message

Mai: "TURN OFF YOUR CELLPHONE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE" *beep*

Jet: yeah that one delivers the message better

Mai: XD

Jet: then a short demonstration with a toy plane

Jet: and how it will fall into the ground like an f'ing dart if they keep using their phones

Mai: XD it's as bad as playing a plane crash movie as an in-flight film

Jet: scared is good.

Mai: I forgot the title but that one almost made me want to hurl

Jet: i dont know why but everytime im scheduled to leave the country i keep on seeing those
kinds of shows on cable

Jet: "Air Crash Investigators"

Jet: "Final Destination"

Jet: >.<

Mai: yeah, and that happens to me too. only in print, though. Like the time I bought a Readers Digest to kill time, and there was an alarming article on plane crashes >.>

Jet: lol that's one way of killing time

Jet: one time i was talking to my friend on the way to hk and along the conversation we got to talk about how seatbelts are the most useless things on the plane

Jet: because nobody suriving a planecrash ever mentions being alive thanks to the friggin belt

Jet: and then the stewardess comes to me and gives me the evil stare-down

Mai: hey, it's still useful. There was news of a plane from Japan that suffered really bad turbulence, which shook the plane so bad it killed two, but it still landed safely.

Mai: it's rare, but it made me cling to hope that even if I suffer bad turbulence we may still land safely.

Jet: those two people were probably in the lavatories and drowned in their own mess.

Mai: haha

Jet: that's another shameful way to die.

Jet: san pedro: so how did you die?

Jet: guy: airplane

Jet: san pedro: how come there's only two of you? private plane?

Jet: guy: no

Jet: san pedro: havent heard of commercial liners crashing lately

Jet: guy: it wasnt a crash

Jet: san pedro: what was it then?

Jet: guy: turbulence

Jet: san pedro: *pulls trapdoor lever to hell* no room for comedy in this place.

Mai: XD

Mai: on cellphone related crashes, at least you get to lynch the fool. if incorporeal bodies still hurt.
----------------------------------------------------------------

The next time your plane to Hong Kong lands in Kuala Lumpur or worse, somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, kindly unbuckle your seatbelt, put on your lifevest and kick the bejesus out of your cellphone-using seatmate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pilot: *over the PA system* Oh, God, Dave! It's the fuel light! We're all going to DIE!....oh, wait, that's just the intercom.

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading