A Writer's Credo

Friday, June 16, 2006

A Writer's Credo

I cant exactly remember the title of this piece and neither does the one who created it. Riina Reyes made this originally for the ragnaboards writing community, causing helluvalotta uproar from other writers. It's a nice read. P.S. I do not share the exact same sentiments as her. I just liked the way she put things in an as-a-matter-of-fact kind of statement.
---------------------------------

I believe that there is no such thing as an unbiased review.

I believe that all reviews are to and should be taken personally.

I believe giving it all to impress isnt impressive.

I believe good writers know how to downplay their skills.

I believe spots in an apple are still just spots.

I believe stupid posts draw out the stupidity in everybody.

I believe bestfriends in fics fall in love because it's convenient.

I believe not all reviews are good for you.

I believe that the conductor's sticks should never be passed on to the audience.

I believe Japanese names should be reserved for Japanese people.

I believe that Germans should be left alone.

I believe the best authors make the worst audience.

I believe only enforced rules can be broken.

I beleive not many people care about typos unless reminded.

I believe canned replies should be respected.

I believe canned plots should remain canned.

I believe in a God who hates shared dedications.

I believe passengers have the right to distinguish bad flights.

I believe only seasoned pilots can tell which planes are bad for flying.

I believe that there is no such thing as equality in a competition.

I believe that politics is a necessary evil but is evil nonetheless.

I believe that dirty fics are the product of not getting any.

I believe anybody who says otherwise is just sympathetic to the writer and is just as big a loser.

I believe inbreeding is never good for the genepool.

I believe that originality is more important than grammar.

I believe that commitments should be kept till the end.

I believe plagiarism is more than just copying word per word.

I believe TV and videogames are bad for the imagination.

I believe other books shouldnt be source of inspiration.

I believe that 'losing it' is a result of carelessness.

I believe grammar should never stand in the way of clarity.

I believe style should be seen, not explained.

I believe that people who just keep on saying they want to improve wont.

I believe writing is a selfish profession.

I believe fans should be called patrons instead.

I believe this world will exist without artists.

I believe artists will exist without this world.

I believe people will hate me for writing this.

I believe they will hate me even more because it's all true.

But I believe in myself.

I believe I can be wrong but not until I have been proven wrong.

And I believe you can do better.

What do you believe in?
-------------------------------------------
My comment? Heh, I believe her but we hate her anyway. Just kidding, Rin. ;)

June 07, 2006

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading