Terror Schmerror

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I was at the airport again today. There I was getting all of my belongings/bodily cavities examined like I'm already guilty as a terrorist running for office when I saw a security officer confiscate what appeared to be a white bottle from a lady with almost full-white hair. In case you've been living under a rock or have been too stoned to actually care, liquids are banned now in carry-on luggages. That means you can't bring in anything that contains liquid with you, save for any contents you can stash on your digestive tract.

So anyway, the security officer explained the reason. The old lady, with a worried docile face that you'd expect in old people (along with the funny smell of soil) argued that it was her medicine. The officer insisted that she cannot carry it on, and almost had this "suck it up!" look. I didn't hear the rest of the conversation but I'm thinking one of the lines from the officer would sound like this:

"Sorry lady, it's either us who'll die from terrorism or you from lack of meds. I don't think terror attacks are covered by insurance so..."

I'm thinking, what's that about? I mean, if people on the plane let themselves get hijacked by somebody as old as that granny, using nothing but a bottle of prescribed medicine, THEY DESERVE TO DIE. I'd personally cheer whoever can do that on from the bleachers (or the wing tip, where applies). Snakes on a plane? No wai. Grannies with meds on a Plane. Now there's your real terror.

This so called war on terror is getting more and more ridiculous by the moment. We tried to banish terror with our motives - all we did was banish common sense.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading