re: A Different Kind Of Virus

Monday, January 22, 2007

I noticed the enquiries posted at the tagboard so I guess it's also part of my role around here to provide info about stuff I post here. If you're not a regular, before you read this you should first try going over this earlier post. Without further ado, it's "Question and Answer" time!

Question 1: You know i'm wondering and i'm really curios about the grammersoft and the fascinating luv bug? [sic]

Grammersoft is the alleged blackhat group Mr. De Guzman was part of. Although the group was in fact mentioned in the ILOVEU virus, there have been no indications that they've actually done anything significant as a group (zero zone-h.org entries et al). It's also improper to call the ILOVEU virus as a "love bug" because a) it's not a bug and b) it's not a love bug.

Question 2: my crazy thought's keep disturbing me

This is not really a question. And yes, thinking that a virus is anything near "fascinating" is a sure sign of disturbed thinking.

Question 3: How do they do that or he onel de guzman?

Sections of the virus have been lifted off another virus that has its code out in the public - Melissa. They managed to alter some parts of it and include what made the ILOVEU so goddamn widespread - the additional element of social engineering. Social engineering is the method of manipulating people into giving the information you need or doing what you want. In this case, the SE part is using the words "I LOVE YOU" to make people open the email and download the attachment. People are gullible toads.

Question 4: and is it really exist the grammersoft?

Not anymore. All your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time.

Question 5: if it so? are they really have the capacity? and how do filipino like us can do this?

The thought of that the first and last idiot who ever got caught writing a virus is a Filipino makes me sad. Any dipstick who knows cut+copy+paste can write one, but that doesn't make it anything remotely intelligent. Now it's more like, if a Filipino can do it, who can't?

Question 6: where when how and why they can do that who teaches them?

Too many W's. I'm blinded. Who teaches writing viruses? Please try asking NBI. Tell them you want to make viruses. Please. Or google it, caveboy.

-----------------------------
I think I died just a little trying to answer those questions. I feel like reading through that list mentally molests my mind. This'll probably be the last time I'm entertaining any questions like that.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading