The Last Day

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Somebody once told me to live everyday as though it were my last. But really I wouldn't know what I would do if I knew today were my last day. No one would really know for sure how their last days will be spent here on earth. (Hell, I don't even know what I'm supposed to do tomorrow!)

I say we should live our days as though it were our first; We were all sure of how we spent that day. Of how we, in arriving in this world, embraced everything as new; of how we appreciated everything like we've never had any before; and and of how we took our time to stop and notice our surroundings. If we stop racing against time for a minute and took a look at where we are, we may yet realize how beautiful life can be as if we had all the time in the world.

Someday, I'll find myself living my very last day. I'd like to see that day as me waking up in the morning and saying to myself, "Today will be a good day, and life will go on." Everything will be ordinary. There will be no rush. Because it's not for me to say or guess when my life will stop. But it's always for me to say how I will go on living it.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading