Absolut Randomness

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I hate poems, I've posted enough articles about that. Occassionally though, I end up writing poetry in files where they're not supposed to be out of just plain braindeadness. These three poems I've recovered from files I created when I was still in my previous company. Most of them, stuff I wrote when I was in a state of emotional instability (i.e. temporal retardation) .

Last Train

It's your presence that makes me forget the time,
messses up all things I have in mind
and when I wake up, it's always in vain.
you've already departed on the last train.

Didn't see you off, couldnt even follow
But I'm not crying, oh no not me.
For as long as there's tomorrow
You'll never be one ride farther than here.

This one I found as a comment inside a very long program. Don't ask why it's there. I don't know either.

Hey, Sandman

Don't take me away, o sandman without song
Let me wait for a while
Let me dream of peace beside the phone
If it rings I'll smile and sigh

Dont take me away, o sandman without rose
Let me listen to her heart
Let me lay still in her bosom, frozen
It's beating. We're not apart

Dont take me away, o sandman without pain
Not while I share my life
Not in my nakedness and sane,
and see her fading with my time

Sleep that you offer, sandman of peace
this temptation of another land,
A brick wall where my body can list
I decline, my time is now and here

Dont take me away, sandman, old friend
from bliss that leaves me in decay
I'll catch up with you when it's all done
because Im not one to give up

Sandman, sandman, sandman!
Dont let me leave without her seeing my heart
Dont let me fade into the wallpaper
Dont ever let me fall into your arms

Just this once sandman, let me be
let me pray to whoever is listening
to whoever, whoever can promise me
that she's more than just a dream

Because whenever I sleep,
the dreaming ends

This one was in a seperate file. It's a nice poem about a girl I once knew. (I'm using the word nice veeery loosely here) Nice is somewhere between biblical veneration and not puking before finishing it.

------------------------

Broken Wing

I saw a bird one night
Its wing was broken
a fowl rid of flight
flowing anguish - unspoken

It sang of mellowness
but never of defeat
it searched for a nest
standing on two feet

I saw a bird one night
with the sorrow of darkness
its face showed no fright
a smile amidst the madness

It told me a story
for which heaven wept
a moment, though only
of complacency bereft

it asked for no pity
I could not give it one
for all I had was invid
of the stalwarness of sun

I saw a bird one night
Its wing was broken
Still it was quite a sight
gleaming pride golden

it has pride for it knows
that wings bear not the flight
nor the air wherever it goes
but the will to own the sky

DoppelGanger

Doppelganger, you've caught me again
stunned by your hammer and looks from within
everytime we meet you look someone else
your dogma dancing fetus in a shell

you smile the smile of a thousand faces
and live to shape up their days
you see the glint of their teeth in replies
and know theyre not meant for your eyes

Dont you ever wish you were just yourself
do you never wonder how loneliness felt?
of being unique of being alone
parading through the streets of rome

You are never alone you doppelganger
there's always some's path you walk
and in this way we'll all be different
I've mine lost in a sea of folk

Sometimes i think of what it is like
to be Adam who sees through the night
and wake up to see the realness in you
and touch and embrace what is true

Dance with me doppel dance with me forever
once twice thrice, doesnt matter
we will play ours like those of Shakespeare
and I'll even shed twice a tear

And if I depart when the hammer lifts
but the real face in mask not undone
Of this soft green grass this bed you knelt
see how much you could fool yourself


If you know me enough, you should know why I wrote this. Since I try to keep this blog as stranger-friendly as possible, I'll just leave it at that.

If I feel like it, Ill probably post something more interesting later.

Note to self: Start thinking of tunes for the pieces.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading