Procrastination.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I started studying one year ahead of a lot my peers. By the time I was six, I was already in grade one. I graduated high school right after turning sixteen. Months before graduating college, I was already looking for a job. By the time I got my last course card, I was already preparing to start work. I haven't even gotten my diploma yet. By the time I attended my graduation, I was already working. I wasn't the type that would wait around.

Time's being wasted. Always.

And the other students? They waited to turn seven before starting primary schooling. They lounged around weeks before and after college graduation. I started my career one year ahead. If not, a couple of weeks ahead.

One might say that a year, a week, or two would be insignificant after a while and that twenty years on, it would be near meaningless. Actually it's the opposite. That head start, that time I used earlier than others, it only gets bigger and bigger with every passing day.

Because time is not a linear function. With the dimension of consequent possibilities added, it becomes an ever increasing space. Yesterday always has a bigger impact than today when it comes to dictating the future. Like a ripple effect, the earlier you start something, mark an epoch, the larger area it covers as the wave accelerates.

Procrastination is a sin of infinite possible losses, initiative, the absolute opposite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you got laid earlier than everyone else too?

REDKINOKO said...

Hahahahaha! No. :(

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading