The Wrong Kind of Lazy

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Here's one common phenomenon I'll never really get. Why do people who go to malls on cars insist on waiting for parking slots near the entrance, even when there are other parking slots available a few meters farther than what they want?

They'd say they don't want to walk too far - okay, that's a good, lazy reason. I actually accept it, since I probably would use that same reason for something else and consider it sensible, me being the advocate of non-practicing artisanship.

But then again, after they do get their their parking slot near the mall entrance, what do these lazy people do? They spend an entire day inside the mall WALKING no, WANDERING aimlessly, without even buying enough items to justify the insane amounts of walking. They'd probably get a 2km pedometer (distance measurement, you perv) reading easy by just walking around a mall like Mall of Asia. Suddenly the 10 meters extension walking from the goddamn back lot of the mall is hardly even noticeable.

Meanwhile, while waiting for a parking slot, these assholes are burning up fuel and turn the mall entrance into a fume-based fantasyland. One car I saw this evening even had a "save the environment" sticker on, for a reason I assume, that is related to spiting any environmentalist who sees it (good thing I'm not). I sometimes wonder why carbon monoxide won't just kill these wait-tards inside their cars.

I don't mind being lazy, as long as it's in place. (and as long as it's just me being lazy) But being lazy while defeating your own purpose of saving up on something by being lazy is just ignant. If you're lazy, you're already a failure. The least you can do is not fail in being lazy.

Assholes.

4 comments:

Mai said...

In my case, I have to choose a parking lot that is more or less close to the entrance because of the groceries I lug around: they're a bit heavy to carry around, but since I usually end up with two or three (heavy) bags filled with cans, it's not enough to justify using a pushcart. A pushcart containing two bags will always make the person pushing it appear like a lazytard.

Besides, it's Mall of freaking Asia...the distance between the grocery and the parking lot will always be a bit far. You just have to make a bit of an effort to curb the distance a little.

Anonymous said...

saving a few feet of lifting is well worth the time/gas/assmoney wasted in waiting. got it.

Mai said...

Anon, if you waste that much time/gas/assmoney you shouldn't even think about waiting for good parking slots.

REDKINOKO said...

O_O

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading