Living The Rock Life Early

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

So I was just surfing YouTube to pass some time earlier when I stumbled upon a hardcore 7 year old guitarist kid. I thought it was awesome, and then I saw a six year old guitarist rocking it out. Several links and vids later, I arrived at this vid, which is probably the youngest I've seen yet (that actually sounds like an adult playing):



Two years old. Two. The kid on the vid cant even goddamn count his age using his fingers, but he does know how to do a peace sign (DOH!). Does the rock life start out this early now? It seems every year prodigy players appearing on youTube are getting younger and younger. I won't be surprised anymore if one day I see news about bands breaking up because of preschool, three year old vocalists sucumbing to cocaine, and five-year old fathers losing out on child custody to their two-year old ex-groupies.

Meanwhile, somewhere on the other side of the world, a 24-year old not-so-prodigy piano player is still waiting for epiphany to hit him in the face and maybe smear him with just a hint of musical talent. :(

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading