Lid Goes Boom

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I consider myself as a reasonable man when I'm serious. Like if there's something I don't know, I tell people I'm half-sure. And when I say something with conviction, it's because I'm betting my credibility on it, not just because I just want to look intelligent. What's the use of acting smart today and have everybody realize you were just bluffing the next anyway? Results are remembered more, so I'll focus on that.

When I argue, I'm all for people proving me wrong, because then, I'd have learned of something better than what I already know. It's not in me to oneup every person who contests my opinion. I just want a fair exchange of pros and cons. I'm at a point where I don't need to prove anything - HS and college were more than enough. If it looks contrary to that, sorry, I'm a geek. Geeks don't have room for honorifics. Whatever works, works. Whatever doesn't, shit happens.

As for work, people should try to recognize everybody's effort in contributing to the result. If something goes wrong, solve the problem first, then think of what went wrong. Opinions about things should be saved for post mortems. By then the only things considered should be the what's and why's, as much as possible, not the who's.

Unless you know more than half what another person is doing, kindly shut the fuck up and read a book or two before you give out your take on things. Working in the field of IT requires a high tolerance for ignorance. That much I've learned to live with, but tolerance doesn't make it any less annoying - it just prevents you from getting charged with homicide.

Keep an open mind. You'd be amazed how easily things will enter open empty spaces. (light for blackholes, squatters for reclamation areas, ideas for your brain)

And no, I did not intend this to be a funny one. I just had to get this out of my system before I sleep and pretend today never happened. Or yesterday. And maybe last week too.

picture somewhat related.

I know, it's gross. That red long sleeves with gold dragon embroidery is just wrong.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading