The Keys To Happiness

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I don't see why the internet has to be the converging pool of so many people's sorrows. Happiness is easy to attain for those who know how to find it. I'm not saying I'm the happiest man alive but I know I'm happy enough overlook my problems. Here's a little credo I've kept to remind me of what it takes to be happy. I call these,

My Keys To Happiness

Be contented with what you have.
Learn how to laugh at the corniest of jokes.
Learn to lower your expectations and highten appreciation.
A standard that's not high is a standard that's easily fulfilled.

Talk to God like a Father beside you.
Call the cashier by the name in her name plate.
Give a beggar more than what he expects.
Life is food that tastes better when shared.

Greet the first guard you come across.
Treat a barista to a cup of coffee.
Smile at the ticket lady working at the cinemas.
Happiness is a sickness that you can only get by infecting others.

Thank your mother for birthing you to this world.
Give compliments to the chef.
Count the money in your wallet and imagine how many they'd be in coins.
True joy is often remembered more than experienced.

In this life we are never certain how long we will last.
And the future is more of a wish than a promise.
Each day the sun rises we should be able to celebrate.
And each sunset, learn to appreciate.

Because life can only be enjoyed with a smile.
And it can only be appreciated with somebody smiling back.
These keys of my life I present to you.
Use them to open your own doors to fulfillment.

--------------------------
Surprisingly easy, eh? Try to do these things and you might be surprised how happier you'll be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I couldn't have put it better myself.
Except line 2. I usually laugh at the person who cracked a corny joke rather than at the joke. *evil grin* But funny jokes, I appreciate.

Anonymous said...

There's the guy I'd want to marry.

Not.

Peace!

REDKINOKO said...

@kyle
Thats often the case. But it's a good laugh anyway.

@riina
Awww, and I was half ready to give you the ring already.

Anonymous said...

kuya pede po pakopya nito,..

pleaseeee?

lagay ko rin sa blog ko,.. hihi

w/ credits po cyempre,.. =D

pls pls pls


oh,... ur getting married kuya red?

/e11

REDKINOKO said...

Me? Married? Nobody's crazy enough for that. O_O Copy away :)

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading