Fast Food, Fastards

Thursday, August 24, 2006

I was a victim of a crime just now. I'd say it's a hate crime because I don't see any reason why that person could've done it to me other than hating me with absolute sadism in mind.

A friend and I went to a nearby Wendy's to have my lunch today and not surprisingly enough, there was a line queue of 5 people for each cashier. I fell in line and somebody took the orders in advance for faster serving. All is well, I thought. Four people in front of me. Then three. Then two.

And then there was one.

The lady went to the counter and gave her advanced order form. Cashier punched in her order and then when she was already about to pay, she saw the order of some guy from another counter and pointed at it saying "I changed my mind, I think I want that."

This lady spent a good 5-10 minutes staring at nothing but the main menu while in line and she decides to choose just now? But we can change our minds, I said to myself. The cashier had to reset the transaction by calling in a manager and prepare the new order set. So I waited. And waited. And waited, I could have sworn I heard God saying "If this lady makes people wait any longer, we're going to have to reschedule Armageddon."

Then she started picking out the contents of the her order like she's disecting a frog from a highschool experiment. I swear if killing people didnt make me lose my appetite, I'd be drenched in blood right now. And here was what she said:

lady: "Oh what are those things?"
cashier: "Macaroni Salad, ma'am"
lady: "What are the ingredients?"

What are the ingredients? Who the hell goes to a fastfood outlet and asks what's inside their food? This isn't Iron Chef, bitch. If I'm not mistaken, the ingredients aren't different from other food items in the menu. Take your food and MOVE.

Meanwhile, I'm behind her, slowly withering away because of hunger. I feel like I'm being slowly murdered by this lady. As a matter of fact, she took enough time away from my life to call it partial murder. There should be punishment for things like this. There are motorist laws that prohibit and punish offenders for obstructing traffic. And nobody even dies of hunger if you obstruct traffic. Sn this case, I move that the punishment should be more grave.

Which part of "fastfood" does she not understand? She's no different from those carrot-brains in the mall that like to stand in front of the escalator and start deciding where they want to go to right then and there.

I won't make this long because I know you hate to wait too. She finally finished picking off her food's contents one by one, she finally prepared to pay. With the indignation of a monkey set free in the wild she said in one breath:

"Got change for 1000?"

The cashier suffered a stroke right then and there.

Just kidding.

Maybe she just fainted.

Eitherway I had to transfer to another cashier. There is no justice in this world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stupid people are like that.

The reason people invented Fast Food is for the people have food, Fast!

If she seriously wanted to know the ingredients she might as well go screw a restaurant.

..but that's just me

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading