Grand Theft Trick or Treat

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I was riding the elevator in the office this morning and saw a notice from the building admin. It's about a trick or treat program theyve prepared for the building. Nice, I thought. There's something for a change. Building admin dress up in costume and go knocking door to door to well, do trick or treat. Pretty cool.

Until I saw the rest of the paper.

It said, "we entice all residents to prepare an amount to give beforehand."

I read again. At first I thought it was a typo. It said amount. Not treat. Not candy. Amount. What the hell? Whatever happend to Halloween is for sweets? And it wont even be happening at night. They're coming 3-5pm. Yes. In the afternoon, lazy hours.

Where's the f'ing sense there? Today ain't christmas. And sure as hell it aint their funeral.

Then it hit me. People in costumes asking for money. That's just pure genius.

Perfect gig for outright robbery.

But I'll be waiting for them. 2 hours to go.

I hope the cops come on time.

----------
In other news, somebody took a duke in our office CR. That CR has no sink, vents and its sits comfortably beside our air conditioning unit. Whatever bomb that gets contained there is bound to leak. For that reason, it's a tacit given that nobody's allowed to make chocolate hotdogs there. Piss yes, brown sausages, no. Well apparently somebody has managed to do that. My nostrils are burning. I'm actually starting to look for Jews, because this place feels like a gas chamber right now.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading