Boarding Borderline Retards

Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm a geek. I admit it. Stuff that I brood over are usually stuff that most people won't really care about even if it were a matter of life and death. One good example occurs during boarding time of any international flight. Boarding of airplane passengers is usually carried out in this order:

1. First-class Passengers
2. Travelers with children, elderly, disabled.
3. People from the back economy-class rows.
2. People from the middle economy-class rows.
1. People from the front economy-class row.

But now here's the real puzzle: Whenever I get assigned at the back row and I finally enter the plane, I notice that there are already people (sometimes lots of them) sitting in the front row economy class. Mind you that row numbers are checked while in line and doublechecked upon entrance.

Judging from how most of these people look, I can make the following statements:

- They do not have kids.
- They are not sitting in first class.
- They are not part of the air/ground crew.
- They are not elderly and are not accompanying any elderly people.
- The fact that they got there fast means they're far from cripple.

Because of that I can only think of a couple of theories as to how they got there:

- They've always been there. I.e., people from the previous flight who refused to leave (the same way we watch movies when we arrive with the film halfway done already)
- They entered by the cargo hold.
- They're mentally retarded.

The first two sound a bit farfetched, so long story short, my quick answer to this problem is that I'm riding with a lot of mentally-defective people. Somehow that doesn't make me comfortable in any way. Remember Goonies?

Sometimes I think I'm putting waay too much thought on these things, but then again, maybe someday all this information might come in handy. Like when a plane is dangerously overweight and running out of fuel, and we need to determine which people can be thrown off the plane first.

Maybe, anyway.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading