Eighteen

Monday, December 22, 2008

I was thinking last night why guys never get debuts. And then I thought, at the age of 18, it was simply impossible to get 18 of guys to hold candles for you. You can't make them go teary eyed saying "You're my best buddy ever. I love you Stevie. I even have a song prepared for you..."

That ain't right.

The only scenario where I think guys will be willing to hold candles is if they're standing around a casket and I'm inside. And only if there are no cameras around.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you're a guy and not exactly the freshest vegetable in the cart, can you think of how you're going to ask 18 women to give you 18 roses and dance with you on your party? And no, there can't be any money involved.

Otherwise it'll be a stag party instead.

Or a college overnight group study.

But I digress.

Eighteen. Eighteen is a good age though. Everything becomes legal after turning eighteen. Driving, alcohol, voting - mostly dangerous things that will either endanger your your dad's car, your liver, or Democracy, depending on how you go about it.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading