TH X - The annoying kind.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Here's a partial list of shorthand abberviations of "Thank you" and "Thanks" I've gotten in my 3 years of working from various people in both companies I've worked for (no less than five people, all of them from HongKong):

"Tnks"
"Tnk"
"Ty"
"Tyty"
"Tnx"
"Thx"
"Tks"
"Thz"

Let me just let this one out. Is "THANK YOU" so long a damn phrase that it can't be typed as a whole when expressing simple gratitude towards whoever helped you out? >:[

Sometimes I think whether people still bother to think about whether or not people on the other side of the damn correspondence understand what they'e trying to say. Or maybe they just mash the keyboards half-mindedly and pray to whoever god they're worshiping that I understand what they're trying to say?

These sorts of things should be filed under the crime of mild verbal abuse already. I'm sure everytime somebody uses an obscure invented abberviation to further shorten the word "thanks", whoever taught that guy English dies a little bit.

Linguistic cancer people. Let's fight it.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading