Associated Idiocy

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I don't really get how some people can be proud of really useless things. Like parents who are proud of having tall kids. Tall kids? That's lazy. It's not like you worked hard to make your kid grow taller. That's genetics at work. You basically just sat there and waited for your offspring to hit it big in the genetic powerball. And what does being tall do to your kid anyway? I mean apart from being a choice pick in barangay league basketball and getting to stand at the far back during class pictures? Pointless shit.

Another thing I don't get are the people who tend to associate too much pride in membership of a certain group. Schools seem to be a number one example here - specially when the UAAP season kicks in. I don't get it. I'm a graduate of DLSU, but never do I find it necessary to use it as an excuse to make it appear I'm so much better for it. DLSU is filled with just as many retards as there are good, outstanding citizens. And even if I do happen to be the one idiot standing amongst a company of geniuses, that's not going to make me any less of a jackass would it?

And it doesn't stop in schools. In the corporate world, you'd see people proudly waving around their company like its Fortune 500 status somehow reflects in the boring lackluster jobs they're holding. That's like bragging around that you and Angel Locsin are hitting it off because you happen to pass by her billboard every morning. (hint: You are not)

I dread the day I take pride in where I belong rather than in how I am regarded there. Because otherwise, I'd be practically a groupie. Groucho Marx once said "I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member". I suppose the same holds true for me.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading