Gregorian My Ass

Friday, November 23, 2012



Gregorian Chant albums have the most misleading covers. Whereas you'd be expecting a hard-rocking epic doom choir to herald the Ghost of Christmas Post-Apocalyptic Future from the illustration, you'll actually get 50 minutes of men singing in falsetto to the tune of songs like "Kiss from A Rose" and "My Heart Will Go On". That'd be like watching a DVD with an Expendables cover and an Eat Pray Love content.  
 
On a related note, I once entered a strip club that made women dance to Gregorian Chant songs.  It blew my mind. I wonder if Pope Gregory had this in mind when he first thought a bunch of guys singing together in unison would be pretty badass.

3 comments:

Judes Lopez said...

Gregorian Chant has helped me cope with my insomnia since High School. It's pretty badass.

Anonymous said...

Only an idiot would find that cover misleading.

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading