Keyboards and Roaches

Thursday, October 25, 2007

One thing about cleaning keyboards is that you never know what's going to come out of it next. I have a keyboard at home that we got with one of our earliest PCs back in '96. And until recently I never really opened it up to clean its insides. Among the many expected things that fell out was the corpse of a small cockroach. How old it was, I'm not really sure (possibly even 11 years old) My sister saw it and me lacking anything better to say, replied "Debugging."

I bet it sucked to have been trapped in something like a keyboard, even for a cockroach. It would've tried to weave through the keys as they were being depressed by the typing fingers in an indiana jones fashion. I'd probably would've hidden in the right ALT button, because nobody ever presses that. But since he's dead, he probably didn't.

Nowadays I wouldn't really surprised anymore to find anything else inside my keyboard next time I clean it. I wouldn't be surprised, for example, if I took out the right ALT button and found Bin Laden hiding in there. He'd probably be saying "Damn motherfucker, I thought you'd never check this place out!"

Nice try, Terrorist, but my keyboard will not be harboring enemies of America. (maybe dirt, some nut shells, and "kulot na makapal" bits of hair but not terrorists.

Never terrorists.

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading