Baler Movie Review , Summary, and Script

Friday, January 02, 2009

First things first. Don't get me wrong. Baler was a nice movie. However, it's far from perfect, and I feel it deep in my gut that some of the awards that it garnered a few days ago were given out of sheer lack of competition this year.

I've decided to write a quick rewrite of the script making it more concise and tad bit more honest, thereby doubling as a comprehensive review and summary for this movie. This is a fan rewrite done for fun. DON'T HAMMER ME THINKING I COMPLETELY HATE THIS MOVIE. That is a fallacy.

Jao Mapa did an awesome performance in his 2 minute appearance, the story in its essence was wonderful, and the scoring was fucking brilliant. Also I like war movies so I watched this movie with very high expectations. The two lead roles kinda blew, but the supporting characters (JAO MAPA and Philip Salvador) included came in really strong. Again, I found the movie nice, but far from perfect (so I'll proceed making fun of it anyway the way I do for every other movie I watch)

(cont.d)



Sadly I can't place a screenplay format here so I'll just post a link to an HTML.

http://redkinoko.bravehost.com/baler.html


(it's not yet complete but I'll continue it when I get the time again)

Spoilers ahead, beware.

9 comments:

rei said...

BWAHAHA

that was totally hilarious.. LOL

(my sister said I'm "baliw" because of my laugh)

/swt

[quote]I feel it deep in my gut that some of the awards that it garnered a few days ago were given out of sheer lack of competition this year.[/quote]

~ I strongly agree.. my sister was totally pissed when she watched "Iskul B...." - excuse me -

for the continuation of your review.. please don't forget about those trumpets.. and trumpets... and trumpets.. and white flag, white flag, and white flag.

^_^

Anonymous said...

hello....ummm can i ask u one question?

do u have the original script? coz im doing a project in my Filipino class about the movie...

the fan version is great but if u have the orginal version would u please mind posting it? PLEASE?

Anonymous said...

can give me the whole script maybe in english or in tagalog if ever you have it kindly add me at my yahoo messenger blueppledepon@yahoo.com
thx..really need it for role playing :)

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to find any good Filipino movies, I tried but it all ends up in vain. Baler is far better than all those that I have seen specially the likes of Brillante movies, they are an embarrassment and disgusting. Can you recommend any Pinoy movie that are worth watching?

Anonymous said...

filipino movies are good especially baler.

Avon Luna said...

watch pinoy tv show replays here CLICK HERE

or download our android application here Philipine TV Replays android app

or download our apple application here Philipine TV Replays ios app

HOW TO INSTALL PHILIPPINES TV ON IPHONE AND IPOD TOUCH? CLICK HERE

or visit Android and Apple APPS

LIKE US : Facebook

Avon Luna said...

Watch NEW PINOY MOVIE and LIVE TV here in HD CLICK HERE

download NEW PINOY HD MOVIE application for ANDROID CLICK HERE

download NEW PINOY HD MOVIE application for IOS apple device CLICK HERE

LIKE US ON NEW FB PINOY HD MOVIE UPDATE

Anonymous said...

Hi there, can i ask the full script of baler in tagalog... I'm gonna contact you via your email above. Thank you in advance. Please reply asap

Blogger said...

Bluehost is ultimately one of the best web-hosting provider with plans for all of your hosting needs.

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading